Cambridge University MBA students and the ad platform Adzooma, recently conducted a study of how Google, Facebook and Microsoft ads compare. The results are interesting (well if you’re a digital marketing geek like us!).
Participants analyzed how imagery, sentiment, and language impacted click-through rates (CTRs) on three top online ad platforms.
The study also considered whether landing page quality had an impact on conversion rates, and revealed new CPC and CPM benchmarks for Facebook, Microsoft, and Google Ads.(Source: Search Engine Journal, Facebook, Microsoft & Google Ads Compared, February 25, 2021)
- If you have to choose between Facebook and Google Ads for promoting your SMB, Facebook is your best bet.
- Between Microsoft Advertising and Google Ads, Google provides greater reach at a lower cost.
- Researchers found that each of the major online ads platforms has its strengths:
- Facebook Ads was the most cost-effective channel on average.
- Microsoft Ads was most responsive to increasing ad spend.
- Google Ads had the greatest reach for the lowest cost.