When it comes to content…keep it real!
On-page SEO is the cornerstone of SEO. Google looks at page and article content to determine subject matter relevance, link juice and domain authority. Google has strict guidelines for evaluating content whether for desktop or AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages).
When it comes to content, we follow these general rules of thumb:
- Always create original content
- Always create content for the user, not for search engine
- Never hide content in the code
So it goes without saying, all black hat SEO tactics must be avoided…these included:
- Content Automation
- Doorway Pages
- Hidden Text or Links
- Keyword Stuffing
- Reporting a Competitor (or Negative SEO)
- Sneaky Redirects
- Link Schemes
- Guest Posting Networks
- Link Manipulation (including buying links)
- Article Spinning
- Link Farms, Link Wheels or Link Networks
- Rich Snippet Markup Spam
- Automated Queries to Google
- Creating pages, subdomains, or domains with duplicate content
- Pages with malicious behaviour, such as phishing, viruses, trojans, and other malware
Want to learn more about SEO or need help with auditing your website to ensure there is nothing fishing going on? Contact Bloom Digital Marketing today.